|Peer Review Process|
|Focus and Scope|
|Open Access Policy|
Guidelines for Authors
BIOEDUSCIENCE is a peer-reviewed journal publishing original research. Please see the journal's Aims & Scope for information about its focus, publishing ethics. and peer-review policy. This journal only publishes manuscripts in Indonesia and English. BIOEDUSCIENCE accepts the following types of article: original articles and reviews. Peer review follows a number of stages, beginning with submitting your article to a journal. At this first stage, the journal editor will decide if it’s suitable for the journal, asking questions such as:
- Has the author followed the journal’s guidelines?
- Is this the right journal for this article?
- Will the journal’s readers find it interesting and useful?
The editor might reject the article immediately, but otherwise, it will move to the next stage, and into peer review.
BIOEDUSCIENCE is committed to peer-review integrity and upholding the highest standards of review. Once your paper has been assessed for suitability by the editor, it will then be double-blind peer-reviewed by independent peers within the relevant field. We believe in the integrity of peer review with every journal we publish ascribing to the following statement:
All published research articles in this journal have undergone rigorous peer review, based on initial editor screening, anonymous refereeing by independent expert referees, and consequent revision by article authors when required.
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Read the Aims & Scope to gain an overview and assess if your manuscript is suitable for this journal;
- Use the Microsoft Word template to prepare your manuscript;
- Make sure that figure formats, data, and references format have been appropriately considered;
- Ensure that all authors have approved the content of the submitted manuscript.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The manuscript can be submitted using Indonesian or English and the submission file must in Microsoft Word (doc./docx. or RTF document file format only, we do not accept PDF, ZIP or TeX files.
- The manuscript contains the background and purpose of research, related studies, methods to solve the problem, results, and discussion, conclusions, and reference list.
Format of Articles
“We are sincerely grateful to reviewers who give their time to peer-review articles submitted to BIOEDUSCIENCE. Rigorous peer-review is the corner-stone of high-quality academic publishing.”
— The BIOEDUSCIENCE editorial team.
Benefits of BIOEDUSCIENCE Volunteer Reviewers
Peer review is an essential part of the publication process, ensuring that BIOEDUSCIENCE maintains high-quality standards for its published papers. Reviewing is often an unseen and unrewarded task. We are striving to recognize the efforts of reviewers.
When reviewing for BIOEDUSCIENCE you will:
- Are included in the journal’s annual acknowledgment of reviewers.
- Receive a personalized reviewer certificate and SK.
- Can build your profile on Publons and have your reviewing activity automatically added for participating journals. Publons profiles can also be integrated with ORCID.
Invitation to Review
Manuscripts submitted to BIOEDUSCIENCE are reviewed by at least two experts. Reviewers are asked to evaluate the quality of the manuscript and to provide a recommendation to the external editor on whether a manuscript can be accepted, requires revisions or should be rejected.
We ask invited reviewers to:
- Accept or decline any invitations quickly, based on the manuscript title and abstract.
- Request an extension in case more time is required to compose a report.
As part of the assessments, reviewers will be asked:
- To rate the originality, significance, quality of the presentation, scientific soundness, interest to the readers, overall merit and Indonesian language of the manuscript;
- To provide an overall recommendation for the publication of the manuscript;
- To provide a detailed, constructive review report;
Confidentiality and Anonymity
Reviewers should keep the content of the manuscript, including the abstract, confidential. Reviewers must inform the Editorial if they would like a student or colleague to complete the review on their behalf.
BIOEDUSCIENCE operates a double-blind peer review. Reviewers should be careful not to reveal their identity to the authors, either in their comments or in metadata for reports submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format. In all other cases, review reports are considered confidential and will only be disclosed with the explicit permission of the reviewer.
Note that, as the reviewer, you will have access to other reviewers' reports via the online submission system after you have submitted your report.